Animal health protocol
Animal health is a priority of the breeders in the GE.O.DE group
- The farms are Brucellosis free.
- All our breeds have implemented the national programme of scrapie resistance and the animals of our big meat breeds are all genotyped “ARR/ARR”( doubly resistant) by test or deduction. The work undertaken since 2000 allows us to deduce and register animals as “arr/arr”
- The annual official animal health checks regarding scrapie and the Certification Protocol of “Visna Maëdi” are also part of the sanitary protocol of our big breeds.
- Our breeding stock producers are able to meet international sanitary legislation
- Trials are currently being carried out on gastro-intestinal parasite resistance through genomics, with INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research) and the Institut de l’Elevage ( the French livestock institute). These trials concern 5 breeds for the period between 2014 and 2020. At the end of this period we will be able to add this criterion to our objectives of breeding selection.
"Our breeding farms of the selection bases can meet the sanitary obligations imposed at the international level"