Board of directors
GEODE (Génétique Ovine et Développement - Sheep Genetics and Development), a cooperative structure for selective breeding of sheep genetics. It keeps the flockbook records of the breeds and has set up a commercial breeding programme. Created in Montmorillon in 1977 for the breeding of the Charmoise, it became GEODE in 1990, a sheep breeding organisation. With 250 members, it stretches from Montmorillon across the whole of France and manages 13 sheep breeds.
OS. GEODE is run by a Board of Directors made up of members of each breed society and representatives from the sheep industry. The President is Mr MERLANDE, the Vice-President is M. POTARD.
Nos représentants de Race
The OS GEODE is composed of 12 racial sections. Each of these sections is autonomous in the management of its selection scheme and GEODE is responsible for the implementation of the whole. Each section is composed of a board whose representation is as follows
The representatives from the different breeds are:
- BERRICHON DE L’INDRE – represented by Mme PARRY
- BERRICHON DU CHER – represented by Mr AUBAILLY
- CHARMOISE – represented by Mr SALVAT
- CLUN FOREST – represented by Mme LEFEVRE
- DORSET DOWN – represented by Mme PASQUINET
- EST A LAINE MERINOS – represented by Mr REMILLON
- FINN AND ROMANOV – represented by Mr BATAILLE
- HAMPSHIRE – represented by Mr PEGHEON
- ROUGE DE L’OUEST – represented by Mr PROUST
- SOLOGNOT – represented by Mr CRECHE
- SUFFOLK – represented by Mr PASSET
- ROMANE – represented by Mme BRODIN
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in contact with us, we will be pleased to help you.